Aplik has expertise in embedded systems development for a wide range of scales and applications.
Embedded systems are computer devices integrated into a larger system, becoming an inseparable part of a product.
Embedded systems have diverse functionalities, sizes and capacities: from small systems of low computational power and storage (automotive integrated computers) going through medium capacity systems for specialized functions (navigation system in planes or satellites) up to big high-performance systems (machine vision for industrial or military applications).
Medium and portable systems
Onris – an instrument made by Aplik for the measurement of teeth color – consists in a portable system for the medical industry, with the following characteristics:
- Calibrated, RGB+UV image acquisition,
- Image processing and storage,
- Integrated screen with graphical touch oriented user interface,
- Battery powered.
Industrial image processing system
Nave is an Aplik image sensor designed specifically for Electrowinning plants for the tracking of copper cathodes. It has the following characteristics:
- Image acquisition with integrated camera,
- Small size,
- Industrial design (IP-65 protection),
- Integrated image processing (multiple datamatrix detection and decoding),
- Communication of processing results via ethernet network.
Small highly integrated online data capture systems
Aplik’s “Nodo” is a data capture device desiged for structural condition monitoring of industrial machines (i.e. rock-crushers) with the following characteristics:
- Real-time acquisition of 13 data channels with rates up to 1500 samples per second,
- Data transmission via RS-485 protocol,
- Integrated in 30x50mm size,
- Data channels for measurement of strain-gage, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature.
Big data-processing systems
“Controlador Aplik” is a copper cathode classification system, developed around an industrial high-performance computing platform for image processing applications, with the following characteristics:
- Designed for installation in industrial cabinets,
- High performance computing (4 cores, 3GHz, with OpenCL support),
- Up to 6 gigabit ethernet interfaces – 6Gbps,
- Multiple camera image capture via GiGE Vision protocol,
- Ethernet connectivity with industrial plant control equipment (DCS, PLC),
- No moving parts (passive cooling),
- Integrated, read-only-memory operating system, inmune to data storage corruption,
- Remote access maintenance, data access and software updates.